Wyre Emergency Support

Wyre Council



There are a number of services available within the council to help in time of an emergency.


Available In
  • Wyre
Available to Age Groups
  • No Restriction
What we can help with
  • Help to get household items and clothing
  • Help with food and other essentials
  • Information on government/council support schemes
Available to these Groups
  • All Groups

Additional Information

Homeless today

If you are single and not in priority need, the council does not have a duty to provide you with accommodation. We will however, give you advice to try and help you find your own accommodation.

For advice and assistance during office hours please contact the council

Homeless in an emergency

If you cannot live in your home because of a disaster, such as a flood or fire, the council may have a duty to provide you with emergency accommodation.

For advice and assistance during office hours please contact the council

For calls outside of office hours, please refer to Emergency and Out of Hours Numbers

No second night out (NSNO)

NSNO is a pledge made to people new to the streets and is part of a commitment to end rough sleeping. In order to tackle rough sleeping the NSNO focuses upon:

No one new to the streets should spend a second night out.

No one should make their home on the streets.

No one should return to the streets once they have been helped off of the streets.

Ultimately no one should end up on the streets.

Reconnecting a rough sleeper to an area where they have a connection such as accommodation or social, family and support networks is a key part of the no second night out approach

Let us know about someone sleeping rough

Although the number of rough sleepers in Wyre is low comparative to many other areas, we are committed to ensuring every homeless person receives the help they need to get off the streets and into accommodation.

The Street Link scheme is a service that enables the public to alert local authorities in England about rough sleepers in their area.

If you see a homeless person sleeping rough, please get them to call 01253 891000 or Contact Street Link in confidence if you know someone who is sleeping rough or if you have seen someone sleeping rough in your neighbourhood.

Domestic abuse

There are organisations in the Wyre area who will be able to help if you are suffering domestic abuse. You should first contact the police on (01253) 596762 (dial 999 in an emergency). They should respond quickly and sensitively to your situation.

The police may direct you to either:

The Housing Options Service

A local women's refuge, or

The council's out of hours Emergency Officer

Similar Schemes