The Council Tax Reduction Scheme reduces the amount of Council Tax that a person has to pay where they are on a low income. The scheme applies a means test to determine the person is entitled to a reduction
- Available In
- Available to Age Groups
- No Restriction
- What we can help with
- Information on government/council support schemes
- Available to these Groups
- All Groups
To apply for Council Tax Reduction you must be a person whose name is on the Council Tax bill.
You may qualify if you are:
- On Income Support, Jobseeker's Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance or Universal Credit
- On Pension Credit, Guaranteed Credit and in some cases Savings Credit
- Working and on low pay (including people who are self employed)
- On a low income. For example, you might only get a retirement pension or be getting social security benefits, like Incapacity Benefit.