This service is provided at no cost and delivers information and guidance on a diverse array of topics, which include:
- Disability benefits encompassing Attendance Allowance, Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payment, and Carer's Allowance;
- Welfare benefits aimed at supplementing your income, including Pension Credit and assistance with housing expenses;
- Benefits applicable to working-age individuals, such as Employment and Support Allowance (replacing Incapacity Benefit) and Universal Credit;
- Availability of grants and loans facilitated by the local authority, DWP, or other relevant agencies;
- Assistance with the completion of local authority application forms, encompassing self-assessments for Occupational Therapy and participation in the Blue Badge scheme;
- Addressing consumer-related concerns.
- Available In
- Available to Age Groups
- 50 - 60
- Over 60
- What we can help with
- Advice on how to save energy & water
- Help and advice about money and debt issues
- Help with food and other essentials
- Available to these Groups
- Chronically Sick
- Vulnerable Adults
We provide information, advice, and practical support, including form completion and letter writing. While an appointment is essential for benefit claims or other application forms, general telephone guidance is accessible on most days of the week.
Meetings can be scheduled at a central Wigan office, and we also extend a home visitation service for those who are homebound or encounter travel challenges.
All inquiries are treated confidentially and objectively; individual details will not be shared with third parties unless authorised beforehand.
Age UK has crafted an assortment of factsheets addressing a wide spectrum of commonplace situations. These resources are offered at no cost and can be requested as needed.