The Warrington Wellbeing service provides one-to-one support, also known as social prescribing, for individuals over the age of 18 residing in Warrington. The service focuses on non-medical support, aiming to address various aspects of a person's wellbeing and improve their overall quality of life. Sometimes called Social prescribing this is a holistic approach that recognizes the importance of addressing not just physical health but also mental, emotional, and social well-being.
- Available In
- Available to Age Groups
- No Restriction
- What we can help with
- Advice on how to save energy & water
- Help and advice about money and debt issues
- Help to get household items and clothing
- Help with food and other essentials
- Information on government/council support schemes
- Available to these Groups
- All Groups
The Warrington Wellbeing service is a valuable resource for individuals over the age of 18 living in Warrington. This service provides one-to-one support, also known as social prescribing, which focuses on addressing non-medical aspects of a person's well-being. The aim is to improve the overall quality of life by addressing various social, emotional, and practical issues.
To access the service, individuals can refer themselves or be referred by someone else through the Warrington Wellbeing website. Alternatively, they can call 01925 248460 to find out more information or to speak to a duty worker.
The service is designed to assist with a wide range of issues, including:
- Loneliness: Providing support and strategies to combat feelings of isolation and loneliness.
- Financial struggles: Assisting with money problems and accessing resources like food, fuel vouchers, clothing, household goods, and school uniforms.
- Navigation of services: Helping individuals navigate and access relevant services and resources available in the community.
- Support for specific groups: Providing support tailored to the needs of carers, people living with Dementia, people living with Long Covid, asylum seekers, and refugees.
One of the significant advantages of the Warrington Wellbeing service is that the support provided is not time-limited. The service will work with individuals to identify what is important to them and support them in making positive changes to improve their overall well-being.
Overall, the Warrington Wellbeing service is a valuable support system for individuals seeking non-medical assistance to address various challenges and improve their well-being in Warrington.