The Warm Home Discount is a yearly payment of £150 towards electricity bills for eligible customers.
In England and Wales, you qualify for Warm Home Discount if you either:
- get the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit or
- are on a low income and have high energy costs
- Available to Age Groups
- No Restriction
- What we can help with
- Bank & utility company support schemes
How is my Warm Home Discount payment made?
It’s a one-off discount on your electricity bill, between November 2022 and 31st March 2023 or, if you have a Key or Smart prepayment meter, we'll send you a voucher to top up your meter.
- If you pay for your energy monthly by Direct Debit or pay on receipt of your bill, we’ll add the discount as a credit to your electricity account.
- If you top up your electricity meter (Pay As You Go) with a key, a card or online, we’ll send you a Post Office voucher, with instructions on how to collect the credit and add it to your meter.