Trafford Assist is Trafford Council's local welfare assistance program aimed at helping residents in the following ways:
- By addressing urgent, short-term needs during emergencies or unforeseen disasters.
- By supporting individuals in returning to or maintaining their community and independent living in their own homes.
To qualify for an award, it's necessary to demonstrate that there are no other available means of assistance, and that an award is the sole option to prevent significant harm or risk to the health and wellbeing of you or your family.
- Available In
- Available to Age Groups
- No Restriction
- What we can help with
- Help to get household items and clothing
- Information on government/council support schemes
- Available to these Groups
- All Groups
Who is eligible for an award?
You do not necessarily need to be receiving benefits or entitlements to qualify for an award, but you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be 16 years of age or older.
- You must be a resident of the UK.
- You must reside in Trafford or have plans to move into Trafford within the next 6 weeks.
Every case is evaluated based on its unique circumstances, and factors such as income and capital will be taken into consideration before a decision is reached.
Are there any additional limitations?
- If you're applying for an item like a fridge freezer, you can only submit one application for the same item within a 24-month rolling period.
- Food parcels and other emergency awards are limited to 2 consecutive applications within a 12-month rolling period, though further awards might be assessed in exceptional situations.
- If you are already receiving assistance from other organizations or charities, the fund cannot duplicate the support provided.