The Tameside Resettlement Scheme caters to individuals aged 16 and above residing in Tameside, who are on a limited income and require support in transitioning from an institutional environment (such as hospitals, prisons, hostels) or an unstable way of life, including homelessness. The assistance is intended for those who would face significant harm to themselves and/or their family without this aid.
The scheme can also extend help to households facing extraordinary pressure or severe hardship.
- Available In
- Available to Age Groups
- No Restriction
- What we can help with
- Help to get household items and clothing
- Information on government/council support schemes
- Available to these Groups
- Vulnerable Adults
The Tameside Resettlement Scheme offers various forms of assistance:
- Household Essentials: TRS provides essential household items to individuals leaving environments like hospitals, care settings, temporary housing, or prisons, who lack the means to purchase these items. Assistance can also be extended to those facing exceptional pressure due to circumstances like family breakdown, sudden chronic illness, or escaping domestic abuse.
- The provision of items is limited to once within a 24-month period, except under extraordinary circumstances. The items are supplied, delivered, and installed by David Phillips Housing.
- Additional Support: In situations described above, TRS might offer support such as a contribution towards rent in advance or covering removal costs. Any support provided will be directly paid to the landlord or the removal company; no funds will be given to the applicant.
- Council Tax Hardship: Support may be available for households experiencing severe hardship due to their current year's Council Tax liability. This support will be directly credited to the applicant's Council Tax account; no funds will be given to the applicant.
It's important to note that all applicants are required to pay at least 25% of their Council Tax charge. Therefore, TRS cannot assist individuals who have already received the maximum level of Council Tax Support.
Additionally, TRS does not provide assistance for payment of Council Tax arrears from previous years.
You should be aware that if you are facing a financial emergency and require funds for essential living necessities like food, clothing, or utilities such as gas and electricity, this scheme is not designed to provide such assistance.