South Ribble Council Tax Reduction Scheme

South Ribble Council



Council Tax support can help towards the cost of your Council Tax charge if you are on a low income or receive other benefits. You can claim if you are working and your earnings are low.

The amount of Council Tax support you may receive depends on:

  • the amount of money you have coming in
  • other benefits you receive
  • any savings you have
  • who lives with you


Available In
  • South Ribble
Available to Age Groups
  • No Restriction
What we can help with
  • Information on government/council support schemes
Available to these Groups
  • All Groups

Additional Information

The amount of reduction you can get depends on:

•your savings

•how much money you have coming in

•your personal circumstances (your age, whether you have a partner, how many children you have, whether you are disabled and whether you have other people living with you who do not depend on you for support)

•the amount of your Council Tax

If you are on a low income, your Council Tax bill may be reduced.

You normally don't pay Council Tax if you make an application for Council Tax Reduction and receive:

•Income Support

•Income Based Job Seekers Allowance

•Income Related Employment and Support Allowance

•Guarantee Pension Credit

You cannot normally get Council Tax Reduction if:

•you, or your partner together have more than £16,000 in savings

•you are not one of the liable people for Council Tax (your name should be on the bill)

Similar Schemes