Second Adult Council Tax Rebates

Halton Council



This is calculated by a different method to main Council Tax Reduction. It is based on the income of the second (other) adult/s who are resident in the property.

The claimant must be the person liable to pay the Council Tax, who would have been awarded single occupier discount but for the other second adult/s living in the property. Second Adult Rebate can not be granted if the claimant has a partner residing in the property.


Available In
  • Halton
Available to Age Groups
  • No Restriction
What we can help with
  • Information on government/council support schemes
Available to these Groups
  • All Groups

Additional Information

If you are the only person who is liable to pay the Council Tax on your home but you share your home with one or more persons who are over the age of 18 and they:

  • are not paying you rent for living in your home
  • do not have to pay the Council Tax
  • are not your spouse or partner
  • have a low gross income.

You can claim Second Adult Rebate in respect of them

Similar Schemes