Only in very exceptional circumstances will we consider offering assistance with school clothing.
Assistance with school uniform is often available from schools themselves, but also from various local charities. If you do not meet any of the criteria, we would suggest that you contact your child's school in the first instance.
- Available In
- Ribble Valley
- South Ribble
- West Lancashire
- Available to Age Groups
- No Restriction
- What we can help with
- Help to get household items and clothing
- Information on government/council support schemes
- Available to these Groups
- All Groups
You can also check what financial support is available from your local district council on their website.
The amount provided is for school badged items of about:
- £20 for primary children
- £50 for secondary children
We will generally consider applications for assistance, only where the applicant is eligible for free school meals and qualifies on one of the following grounds:
- Where a pupil is the victim of severe family dislocation, especially where there is a need for the pupil to be moved and have to change school.
- Where a pupil’s household has been affected by fire or flood and their school clothing is damaged or lost.
- Where a pupil is the subject of an education, health and care plan and where the terms require a change of school during the academic year.
- Where a pupil’s medical condition warrants additional support.
- Other exceptional circumstances.
A low income in itself would not generally be considered as an exceptional circumstance.