Rochdale Disabled Person's Council Tax Reduction

Rochdale Council



Your Council Tax bill may be reduced if an adult or child with a substantial disability lives with you. Your home must have certain features essential to, or that are very important to the wellbeing of the disabled person.


Available In
  • Rochdale
Available to Age Groups
  • No Restriction
What we can help with
  • Information on government/council support schemes
Available to these Groups
  • Disabled

Additional Information

To claim you must have the below essential features in your home:

•A room (other than a bathroom, kitchen or toilet) used mainly by the disabled person. For example, a downstairs bedroom or room for storing dialysis equipment.

•An extra bathroom or kitchen for the person with the disability to use.

•Extra space inside your home because the disabled person has to use a wheelchair indoors.

To qualify for a reduction, the extra room doesn't have to be specially built. It can be an existing room or space as long as it's used specifically for the person with the disability.

We'll need to visit your home to check that you qualify.

Similar Schemes