Rochdale Care Workers And Carers Council Tax Support

Rochdale Council



If you provide care or support to someone then you may be entitled to a Council Tax discount.

To apply for the Council Tax discount, you must fulfil either of 2 conditions.


Available In
  • Rochdale
Available to Age Groups
  • No Restriction
What we can help with
  • Information on government/council support schemes
Available to these Groups
  • All Groups

Additional Information

Condition 1

You must:

•Provide at least 24 hours care each week

•Live in the premises provided by your employer

•Earn less than £44 per week

You must also be employed to provide care by either:

•A public authority

•A charitable organisation

•The person receiving care (but only if they were introduced by one of the above bodies)

Condition 2

You must:

  • Live with the person receiving care but you shouldn't be the partner of the care recipient or a parent of a care recipient aged under 18
  • Provide at least 35 hours care each week

The person receiving care should also be entitled to one of the following benefits:

  • Attendance Allowance (at higher rate)
  • Disability Living Allowance (care component)​
  • Disablement Pension
  • Constant Attendance Allowance
  • Personal Independence Payments 

Similar Schemes