This Bond Guarantee Scheme is designed to help people secure rented accommodation in the private sector whether via letting agents or private landlords in circumstances where people cannot afford to pay a bond. If eligible, the scheme will offer landlords or letting agents a bond guarantee of up to 4 weeks or a calendar month rent.
Burnley Council will provide a written guarantee to the landlord that if at the end of the tenancy there is loss, damage or theft from the property we will reimburse them up to the value of the guarantee. No cash payments will be made up front.
- Available In
- Available to Age Groups
- No Restriction
- What we can help with
- Help with accommodation or my tenancy
- Information on government/council support schemes
Who is Eligible?
- be aged 16 or over
- be on a low income or receiving benefits/unable to raise a sufficient bond
- be homeless or threatened with homelessness
- have lived in Burnley for the last 6 months, 3 of the last 5 years or work in Burnley
- be able to afford the rent on the property you wish to use the bond for
The Council may choose not to offer a Bond if:
- your landlord or letting agent is your relative
- you have previously received a bond or bond guarantee which you have not repaid or it has been paid out on
- you have deliberately caused your own (threatened) homelessness to specifically benefit from this scheme
- you sign for a property before a decision is made