If you need our support, drop by to our Hub on Monday to Fridays between 9am to 4pm.
But we never turn anyone away in crisis without an appropriate offer of help should you come to us. We work with people with immediate needs around homelessness, benefits, finance, domestic abuse, offending, substance use and mental health issues and provide access to the range of support available at the Hub.
- Available In
- Available to Age Groups
- No Restriction
- What we can help with
- Help & training to improve my work opportunities
- Help and advice about money and debt issues
- Help to get household items and clothing
- Help with food and other essentials
- Available to these Groups
- All Groups
The Hub has an open-door policy and services are available from Monday to Friday and Saturdays.
- Free breakfast: Monday - Friday from 9am to 10am
- Free breakfast & lunch: Saturdays 9am - 1pm
- Free showering facilities, with toiletries, clean towels, underwear and sanitary products
- Onsite healthcare from Homeless Alliance Response Team nurses
- Free laundry facilities
- Food parcels and foodbank vouchers
- Access to clean clothing
- One-to-one assessment to help identify support needs
- Advice and advocacy
- Links to accommodation services
- Wellbeing and health activities, such as healthy eating and life skills
- Move-on packs that include basic essentials
Appointments for face to face support are available between 10am to 3pm Monday to Friday, but until 1pm on Wednesdays.
Please call us on 01706 526 289 to speak with a member of our team, to book an appointment for face to face support or to arrange using our facilities.
If you cannot contact us by phone, you can also arrange appointments during our takeaway breakfast service at the Hub - Monday to Friday between 9am and 10am.