Our financial inclusion team is comprised of specially trained experts in providing money advice. Over time, we have successfully assisted hundreds of our tenants in effectively managing their finances and addressing debt-related issues. Our dedicated team is committed to offering valuable guidance and support to ensure our tenants can achieve financial stability and well-being.
- Available In
- What we can help with
- Advice on how to save energy & water
- Help & training to improve my work opportunities
- Help and advice about money and debt issues
- Help to get household items and clothing
- Help with accommodation or my tenancy
- Information on government/council support schemes
- Someone to talk to
- Available to these Groups
- All Groups
We understand that each person's situation is unique, so our support is tailored to meet your specific needs. Our commitment is to provide confidential and non-judgmental advice at all times.
Our services cover a wide range of areas to assist you, including:
- Welfare benefits: Ensuring you receive all the benefits you are entitled to.
- Budgeting and bill management: Helping you manage your finances effectively.
- Debt and rent arrears: Offering guidance on dealing with debt and arrears.
- Trust fund and charity fund applications: Assisting with applications for financial support.
- Access to low-cost furniture and white goods: Helping you find affordable household items.
- Opening a bank account: Providing assistance in setting up a bank account.
- Affordable credit: Guidance on accessing credit options that suit your needs.
- Saving energy and lowering utility bills: Tips on energy efficiency and cost-saving measures.
- Employment, skills, and training: Supporting you in finding job opportunities and training.
Our services come at no cost to you. If you require our help, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We are here to assist you.