Home-Start Manchester provides weekly emotional and practical home visiting support to families with children under the age of 5 years.
- Available In
- Available to Age Groups
- No Restriction
- What we can help with
- Someone to talk to
- Available to these Groups
- All Groups
Home-Start exists to:
- Offer support, friendship and practical assistance to families to prevent crisis and the need for statutory intervention
- Offer a seamless service across the whole of the City of Manchester
- Be with families, in their own home, in a way that respects each individual and increases our potential to engage with families who may otherwise be hard to reach
- Increase community capacity and, through volunteering, encourage local people to contribute to their community and the wider society
- Open up the support networks available to families including helping them to access health, social and educational services and other facilities available in the wider community and to develop ways for supported families to meet together to enable relationships to form.
All of our amazing volunteers have parenting and life experience, so they can empathise with what families may be going through.
The support volunteers offer is tailored to the needs of the family.