Financial assistance may be provided in the form of grants to relieve the economic strain on individuals experiencing low income, along with those who are unwell, undergoing recovery, or facing disabilities. These grants encompass expenditures linked to items or services that contribute to mitigating their discomfort or facilitating their recovery process. It's essential to recognise that grants cannot be specifically allocated to offset rates, taxes, or other forms of public funding.
- Available In
- What we can help with
- Help to get household items and clothing
- Some money for an emergency
Who Can Apply?
Please assess the specified criteria established by the Trusts. If you meet any of these criteria speak to a money adviser in order to gain a referral.
• Registered charities or voluntary organizations that extend aid to residents within Manchester, Salford, or Trafford.
• Beneficiaries must demonstrate financial need and either possess a medical condition or be recuperating from a condition that hampers their ability to independently acquire the requested items.
What Types of Support Do We Offer?
• Trustees maintain flexibility in disbursing grants. The identified necessity must be distinct and contribute to alleviating the beneficiaries' suffering, whether of a financial or medical nature.
• You can apply for a grant ranging from £500 to £5,000. However, please acknowledge that requests consistently exceed our available resources.
• Your application should delineate a specific project or initiative within your organisation's comprehensive service provision.
• Funded projects are to be carried out within the forthcoming 12 months.
What Are the Exclusions?
• Charities situated beyond the specified geographical areas mentioned earlier.
• Grant requests aimed at covering general day-to-day expenditures such as heating, lighting, or rates, etc.
• Group applications must benefit multiple individuals. Grants for individuals can be pursued through our dedicated individual application form, accessible for submission throughout the year and assessed by Trustees on a monthly basis.
• Grants surpassing £5,000 are typically not bestowed by Trustees.
• Contributions for extensive undertakings, like significant building renovations, generally fall outside the ambit of Trustees' funding.
• Projects seeking retroactive funding will not be entertained.
Support for Community Projects
Additionally, the Trustees may consider applications from registered charities or voluntary organisations with a focus on specific community projects or initiatives.