United Utilities has joined forces with Youth Focus NorthWest and co-created materials on money management to give young people better financial skills for living. The Managing Your Money training materials support the UK Youth Parliament’s Curriculum for Life initiative.
- Available to Age Groups
- No Restriction
- What we can help with
- Help & training to improve my work opportunities
- Help and advice about money and debt issues
- Available to these Groups
- All Groups
This short video introduces the scheme. https://youtu.be/z_2LYP5Ysk0
Powerpoint-based training materials comprising 5 stand-alone sessions and a ‘take-away’ summary.
- Session 1: What is debt? Money management – true or false?
- Session 2: Video – hear from other 16-25 year olds, Managing your money
- Session 3: Why your credit score is so important
- Session 4: Different types of debt, Annual Percentage Rate (APR)
- Session 5: Key tips on managing debt, Help and support available
The entire module content takes around 3 hours to deliver but breaking it down into 5 stand-alone sessions makes delivery more manageable as each session lasts around 30 to 40 mins.
Further details about the scheme, including training materials are available here: