Warrington’s Local Support Scheme is designed to make sure we make the best use of the limited funding available to:
- meet short term needs in the event of a crisis or emergency
- support vulnerable people to remain in, or return to, the community
The scheme has two elements:
- helping people in the event of a crisis or emergency, and
- helping people to return to or remain in the community
- Available In
- What we can help with
- Help to get household items and clothing
- Information on government/council support schemes
- Some money for an emergency
You are able to apply for items you need to help you live independently, or for help in the event of an unforeseeable crisis or emergency.
We may also refer you to a local support service. For example, if you need help because of debt issues, we could refer them to someone to help sort this out.
We do not supply cash payments through the scheme, but we may pay a supplier for what you need. If this is furniture, it will be good quality, re-used items.
You can apply to the scheme if you are:
- Resident in the Warrington area
- Moving to the Warrington area
- Aged 16 or over
- On a low income and without access to sufficient funds to meet immediate needs
and you also fit one of these circumstances:
- you are leaving a place of care, prison or temporary supported housing and need help establishing a home
- without the items applied for, you wouldn’t be able to remain living independently without the need for formal care
- you have a need that has come about as a result of an emergency or disaster and you or a family member would be at risk if this need is not met.