For a small weekly subscription of £3.50, members of this pantry (which is on wheels) will be able to have access to delivered food, including fresh fruit and vegetables and store cupboard favourites that will often value £15-20 or more!
- Available In
- Available to Age Groups
- No Restriction
- What we can help with
- Help with food and other essentials
- Available to these Groups
- All Groups
A Pantry is:
- Member-run: Pantries operate along cooperative lines, and many volunteers are members too.
- Open to all: You don’t need a referral - anyone who lives in an area served by a Pantry can join.
- Long-lasting: You can join for as long as you want, and can choose to go every week or just occasionally.
Pantries stock an abundant and wide range of top-quality food including fresh fruit and veg, frozen and chilled food, meat and dairy products, and long-life tinned and packaged food.
Members pay a small subscription of a few pounds a week, and in return can choose groceries worth many times more, often saving up to £1,000 a year on shopping bills.
Pantries are just like a shop, in that you choose the food you want from the shelves.
Pantries are run by uniformed staff and volunteers who manage the stores with hand-held technology.
Each Pantry also has a cherished role as a neighbourhood hub, often serving as a springboard to other initiatives and ideas, such as cookery classes, volunteering opportunities, and training.
Pantries have been shown to:
- Strengthen communities
- Improve health and wellbeing
- Improve household finances
- Prevent waste
- Prevent hunger
- Build dignity and agency
Friday: 10.00am - 12.00noon