The Liverpool Citizens Support Scheme exists to help vulnerable people in short term crisis to meet the needs for food and essential items or to maintain your independence in the community. Funding for the scheme is limited and we consider the total number of people applying and what funds are available when making a decision. There is normally a limit of two awards within a 12 month period, beginning from the date the first award is made. If you complete a single application and, as a result, receive both a Home Needs and Urgent Needs Award, this will only count as one award.
- Available In
- Available to Age Groups
- No Restriction
- What we can help with
- Information on government/council support schemes
- Available to these Groups
- Vulnerable Adults
- Young Families
- You must be over 16, live in Liverpool or be moving to the area. You should be on a low income and in receipt of any of the following benefits:Income Support.
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (JSA).
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA).
- Pension Credit (Guarantee Credit only).
- Universal Credit.
AND you are either leaving care or require support to stay in the community or you don’t have enough money to meet your (or you family’s) immediate needs after an emergency or crisis.