Knowsley Emergency Support Scheme

Knowsley Council



The council has a very limited fund to provide help to Knowsley residents with food and/or fuel in an emergency situation that is unforeseen, or which could not have been avoided, or where there is a potential risk to the health and safety of you or your family.

Our scheme may be able to provide some support for essential items of furniture / white goods in very specific circumstances where the resident has suffered a major upheaval. 


Available In
  • Knowsley
Available to Age Groups
  • No Restriction
What we can help with
  • Help to get household items and clothing
  • Help with food and other essentials
  • Information on government/council support schemes
  • Some money for an emergency
Available to these Groups
  • All Groups

Additional Information

If you are in an emergency situation and need help with food – our scheme can provide you with a voucher for Knowsley Food Support. If you have a support worker or you are receiving support from a local agency, please speak to them in the first instance. If you do not have a support worker or the local agency can’t help you, please ring Knowsley Food Support direct on 0151 538 8243. Their phone line is open Monday to Friday 10.00am to 4.30pm.

If you are in an emergency situation and need help with fuel - to be considered for support under our scheme, you must:-

Be responsible for paying the electric and/or gas bill at the property and have a pre-payment meter; and,

Have exhausted all other possible sources of support;

You will not be eligible for emergency support if you do not have a pre-payment meter.  If you have a credit meter you should contact your energy provider to check what help they can offer you.

The scheme may also support you if you need furniture / white goods to help you settle back in to the community under specific circumstances, or to avoid you having to enter institutional care.

For example:

If you are leaving care, leaving prison, fleeing domestic violence, homeless and leaving Local Authority temporary accommodation, e.g. a hostel, homeless accommodation, or a hotel

If you are at risk of going into institutional care, where the essential item/s would prevent you going into care

Similar Schemes