We offer interest-free Cosy Loans to homeowners - well as private landlords and their tenants - to make improvements that reduce energy costs. You can borrow between £200 and £2,000. Your monthly repayments can be from as little as £10 per month, depending upon how much you borrow, and must be paid in full within 36 months.
- Available In
- Available to Age Groups
- No Restriction
- What we can help with
- Advice on how to save energy & water
- Help to get household items and clothing
- Available to these Groups
- All Groups
The scheme is managed by Wirral Methodist Housing Association on behalf of the Council.
You can apply for a loan if:
- you own your home outright
- you are buying on a mortgage
- you are a private landlord and you want to make improvements to your rented property
- you are able to afford the loan repayments
- you have a good credit rating.
The loan can be used to install the following energy efficiency measures in your home:
- loft insulation
- cavity wall insulation
- a central heating boiler
- draught proofing doors and windows (must be in conjunction with at least one of the above measures)
- solar water heating
- solid wall insulation