Housing Benefit Support

Pendle Council



You can claim Housing Benefit if:

  • you are a Pensioner
  • you live in temporary/homeless accommodation, supported accommodation or in a refuge
  • you receive a Severe Disability Premium as part of your benefit


Available In
  • Pendle
What we can help with
  • Information on government/council support schemes
Available to these Groups
  • All Groups

Additional Information

Even if you meet the criteria for Housing Benefit, you won't be able to claim if:

  • you have savings of over £16,000, unless you are aged 60 or over and getting the 'guarantee credit' of Pension Credit
  • you live in the home of a close relative
  • you're a full-time student (unless you're disabled or have children)
  • you're an asylum seeker or are sponsored to be in the UK

If you live with a partner or civil partner only one of you can get Housing Benefit.

When you apply, we will ask you for:

  • proof of your identity
  • proof of your income and capital
  • details of anyone else who lives with you

Similar Schemes