The aim of the Household Support Fund is to provide aid to individuals facing the greatest need as a result of the notable increase in living expenses. To be eligible, candidates should be residents of the Preston region. This initiative is designed to offer temporary relief to residents lacking sufficient means to address urgent, immediate requirements. Its purpose is to offer assistance with vital necessities in the upcoming months.
- Available In
- Available to Age Groups
- No Restriction
- What we can help with
- Help to get household items and clothing
- Information on government/council support schemes
- Available to these Groups
- All Groups
The program can provide assistance in the following areas:
- Energy and Water expenses
- Food necessities
- Essential items related to energy and water
- Broader essentials linked to the rising Cost of Living.
It's important to note that the initiative does not cover debt advice or general financial hardship support that is unrelated to energy, water, or food.
Awards will be granted when there are no other available methods to address the specific needs.
The fund might offer support for housing costs only after all other potential sources of aid have been exhausted, such as Discretionary Housing Payments.
Payments will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Therefore, all applications will be processed strictly based on the date they are received, and only if all required supporting documents are provided.
To qualify for the program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Reside in the Preston area - you can check your local council on GOV.UK to confirm.
- Be undergoing financial hardship and lack adequate resources to fulfill your immediate short-term necessities.