Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other so that they may solve their common problem and help others do the same.
Meetings are the core of Gamblers Anonymous and we have meetings every day of the week throughout England, Wales and Ulster.
- Available to Age Groups
- No Restriction
- What we can help with
- Someone to talk to
THESE ARE THE STEPS WHICH ARE SUGGESTED AS A PROGRAMME OF RECOVERY:
- We admitted we were powerless over gambling - that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to a normal way of thinking and living.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of this Power of our own understanding.
- Made a searching and fearless moral and financial inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have these defects of character removed.
- Humbly asked God (of our understanding) to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God ( as we understand him) praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having made an effort to practice these principles in all our affairs, we tried to carry this message to other compulsive gamblers.
These steps are rooted in ancient spiritual principles and supported by modern medical theory. Their greatest importance lies in the fact that they work.
Monday - Sunday 12:00-22:00