A discount of 50% may apply where a property is empty (unoccupied and substantially unfurnished). The discount will start from the date the furniture is removed and will end after a 6-month period or earlier if the property becomes occupied or if furniture is moved in.
- Available In
- Available to Age Groups
- No Restriction
- What we can help with
- Help with accommodation or my tenancy
- Information on government/council support schemes
- Available to these Groups
- All Groups
A discount of 50% may apply where a property is empty, unoccupied and substantially unfurnished and in need of major repair works before anyone can live there. This includes homes that are currently undergoing work to repair damage such as:
- major fire damage
- major flood damage
- structural alterations such as replacement of brick work or underpinning, not cosmetic
- major structural repairs to the roof such as a new roof or roof joists, not minor repairs such as new slates, tiles, or guttering.