Home-Start in East Lancashire believes that children need a happy and secure childhood and that parents play the key role in helping them achieve their full potential. Home-Start helps provide parents with the support they need to give their children the best start in life.
- Available In
- Ribble Valley
- Available to Age Groups
- No Restriction
- What we can help with
- Someone to talk to
- Available to these Groups
- All Groups
Local Home-Starts are rooted in the communities in which they serve. Each Home-Start charity is managed locally but is supported nationally by Home-Start UK, which offers direction, training, information and guidance to local Home-Starts and ensures consistent and quality support for parents and children.
What we do
Home-Start in East Lancashire provides a range of services to help families:
- A volunteer with parenting experience to visit parents with young children at home. The volunteer offers tailor-made one-to-one support, regularly – usually on a weekly basis.
- Emotional support to help parents find ways to manage and resolve problems.
- Direct support for children including playing, listening, having fun, establishing routines, encouraging development and providing opportunities for outings and treats.
- Practical help with getting to appointments, doing the shopping, budgeting, nutrition and meal planning, cooking and making the home safe.
- Outreach and family groups so parents can get out, meet others, and become more involved in their own community.
- Information and links to other organisations including health and educational services.
- Attendance at meetings and moral support, especially in relation to dealing with case conferences or solicitors and court cases.
- Access to parenting advice and parenting skills training.