Discretionary Housing Payments

South Ribble Council



Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP) are payments that we can make if your Housing Benefit is less than the full amount of rent charged.


Available In
  • South Ribble
Available to Age Groups
  • No Restriction
What we can help with
  • Information on government/council support schemes
  • Help with accommodation or my tenancy
Available to these Groups
  • All Groups

Additional Information

Anyone who is in receipt of Housing Benefit or Universal Credit can claim a DHP towards their rent

We cannot, make a DHP to cover the cost of:

• ineligible amounts included in your rent (i.e. things like fuel, water or food charges)

• water charges

• other debts

• reductions in Housing Benefit because of benefit sanctions

Similar Schemes