Discretionary Housing Payments

Ribble Valley Council



Discretionary Housing Payments are payments that the Council may be able to make to give you further assistance towards your housing costs.

To qualify for Discretionary Housing Payments you must be in receipt of Housing Benefit or the Housing element of Universal Credit and require further assistance in order to meet your housing costs.


Available In
  • Ribble Valley
What we can help with
  • Information on government/council support schemes
Available to these Groups
  • All Groups

Additional Information

Would I be entitled to a discretionary housing payment?

•Are you entitled to either housing benefit, universal credit or council tax support?

•Is housing benefit, universal credit and council tax support leaving you a shortfall in the actual amount of rent and council tax you need to pay?

•Is the shortfall, eligible rent costs?

If you can answer yes to the above questions and we are satisfied that you require further financial assistance you may be awarded a discretionary housing payment or a payment from the council tax support discretionary fund.

Please note that if you are only entitled to housing benefit or universal credit then we are unable to help financially with your council tax bill. Also if you only qualify for council tax support then we are unable to give financial assistance with your rent costs. 

Similar Schemes