Discretionary Housing Payments

Fylde Council



If the amount of Housing Benefit or the housing costs element of Universal Credit you receive does not cover your full rent, you may be able to apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) to help you pay the shortfall. A DHP may also be able to help if you have an urgent need to move with no time to save for a bond for a private sector tenancy. You must be in receipt of Housing Benefit or Universal Credit Housing Costs in order to be considered for a DHP. Please note that awards are not guaranteed and each application is considered on its own merits.

If you need extra help towards your Council Tax you may qualify for a Council Tax Discretionary Discount.


Available In
  • Fylde
What we can help with
  • Help with accommodation or my tenancy
  • Information on government/council support schemes

Additional Information

You will need to complete an online application form and we will look at your personal and financial circumstances.

Providing details including:

  • Your income
  • Whether you have any savings
  • Whether anyone else in the house is able to help you pay your rent
  • Whether you have any loans or debts still to pay
  • Whether you could manage your money better to ease the situation
  • Whether you or your family are ill or disabled

Similar Schemes