On some new housing developments in the Lancaster district some of the houses are available to qualifying households at a discount on the open-market price.
- Available In
- Available to Age Groups
- No Restriction
- What we can help with
- Help with accommodation or my tenancy
- Information on government/council support schemes
- Available to these Groups
- All Groups
Do you qualify for affordable housing?
Do you live in or work in the Lancaster district?
Would you like to buy a new house in order to move on from your parents’ home or set up home with a partner or get a larger house for a growing family?
Are your plans on hold because local house prices are out of your reach?
If these are your circumstances then you may qualify for a discount on a new house through our affordable housing policy.
The rules about who can qualify for a new discounted house may be slightly different on each of the housing sites. However, as a general guide new homes for sale at a discount are aimed at households (a household can be a single person) that:
- Do not have a large enough income to buy a house that matches their needs at normal market prices, and
- Have at least one member who lives or has previously lived in the Lancaster district, or
- Have a member who has recently started, or is about to start work, in the Lancaster district, or
- Have a member who needs to live in the Lancaster district to act as a carer to an ill or elderly person, or
- Have a member who has another justifiable reason to live in the Lancaster district