You may be able to get a grant from the council if you are disabled and need to make changes so that you can safely access your home, bathroom and bedroom facilities. These include major aids and adaptations such as:
- widening doorways for wheelchair access
- steps or ramps
- stair lifts or through floor lifts
- level access walk-in showers
- ceiling track hoists
- Available In
- Available to Age Groups
- No Restriction
- What we can help with
- Help to get household items and clothing
- Information on government/council support schemes
- Available to these Groups
Will I qualify for a grant?
You can apply if you are a home owner or tenant and someone living in your property is disabled. The property must be the main residence of the disabled person throughout the grant period of five years.
The grants are targeted at residents on low incomes and are means tested to take into account the household’s average weekly income and any savings, but will disregard certain disability-related income. (Please note: there is no means testing for families of disabled children under 19.)