Disability Funding

Ribble Valley Council



The Council is asking people living with disabilities to get in touch to see if they are eligible for funding for home alterations and adaptations to help make life easier.


Available In
  • Ribble Valley
Available to Age Groups
  • No Restriction
What we can help with
  • Help to get household items and clothing
  • Information on government/council support schemes
Available to these Groups
  • Disabled

Additional Information

The person who applies for the grant does not have to be the disabled person who needs the adaptations.

However, the person applying for the grant will be asked to sign a certificate stating that the disabled person will occupy the home being adapted for at least five years. The time can be shorter if the disabled persons need to move for health reasons.

Whoever applies for the grant must produce a certificate of ownership or tenancy.

What type of work is eligible for a disabled facilities grant?

Disabled Facilities Grants are awarded for essential adaptations to give a disabled person better freedom of movement around the house that the Occupational Therapist has reccommended. This work includes:

  • widening doors or installing ramps
  • providing a specially adapted room in which it is safe to leave a disabled person unattended
  • installing a stair lift so there is better access to a bathroom, kitchen, or bedroom installing a downstairs bathroom
  • providing bathing or showering facilities that can be accessed by the applicant

When a mandatory grant is available but the cost of the work exceeds the mandatory grant limit, it may be possible it access a discretionary grant.

Similar Schemes