If there is a room or other extra space in your property that is needed by a disabled occupant, the disability reduction scheme may help you to get a reduction in your Council Tax.
- Available In
- Available to Age Groups
- No Restriction
- What we can help with
- Information on government/council support schemes
- Available to these Groups
You are eligible for the disability reduction scheme if you or someone living in your home is substantially and permanently disabled and one of the following apply.
You or they have:
- a room (other than a bathroom, kitchen or toilet) which is used to store medical equipment to meet your needs
- a second purpose-built bathroom or kitchen specifically to meet your needs
- adapted the property to accommodate a wheelchair indoors.
We will inspect your property as part of the application process.