Council Tax Support

Wirral Council



The Council Tax Support scheme helps people towards the cost of their Council Tax bill.


Available In
  • Wirral
Available to Age Groups
  • No Restriction
What we can help with
  • Information on government/council support schemes
Available to these Groups
  • All Groups

Additional Information

Who can get Council Tax Support?

To qualify for Council Tax Support you must be:

  • on a low income
  • the person responsible for paying the Council Tax

If you are receiving Universal Credit and you need help to pay your Council Tax, we will use your Universal Credit award notice to work out how much Council Tax Support you may be entitled to.

Council Tax Support is calculated by looking at you and your partner’s income, savings and household circumstances.

Similar Schemes