The Council Tax Reduction Scheme is adminstereed by Sefton Council which reduces the amount of Council Tax that a person has to pay where they are on a low income. The scheme applies a means test to determine if any person is entitled to a reduction in their Council Tax bill.
- Available In
- Available to Age Groups
- No Restriction
- What we can help with
- Information on government/council support schemes
- Available to these Groups
- All Groups
There are 2 schemes:-
- The rules regarding entitlement to help with Council Tax for pensioners on a low income are determined by central government. Up to 100% Council Tax discount can be awarded depending on claimant's circumstances.
- Under the local Council Tax Reduction Scheme, all claimants who are of working age are required to pay a minimum of 16% of their Council Tax regardless of their circumstances.
Please ensure that you have the following details available before you start to complete your application form:
- Details of all your household members and income
- If you are employed, you will need the full details of your income received along with your employer's name, address and post code
- If there is additional information you want to tell us about, you can include this in the "other information" option near the end of the application form.