Council Tax Reductions

Bolton Council



If you're on a low income you may be able to get help towards your council tax. You can apply if you are working, or unemployed. You’ll still need to pay 17.5% of your bill unless you are of pension credit age.

You can apply for council tax support if you:

  • live at the property
  • pay council tax
  • have a low income, or are entitled to a benefit paid by the Department for Work and Pensions or the Pension Service
  • have capital of less than £3000, if you are working age; or £16,000 if you are of pension credit age


Available In
  • Bolton
Available to Age Groups
  • No Restriction
What we can help with
  • Information on government/council support schemes
Available to these Groups
  • All Groups

Additional Information

Please ensure that you have the following details available before you start to complete your application form:

  • Details of all your household members and income
  • If you are employed, you will need the full details of your income received along with your employer's name, address and post code
  • If there is additional information you want to tell us about, you can include this in the "other information" option near the end of the application form.

Similar Schemes