Home-Start Central Lancashire is a Family Support Charity based in Chorley who works with families, using a trauma informed approach and have at least one child under the age of eleven. We support families who live in communities across West Lancashire, Chorley, South Ribble and Greater Preston.
- Available In
- Ribble Valley
- Available to Age Groups
- No Restriction
- What we can help with
- Someone to talk to
- Available to these Groups
- All Groups
Everyone needs a bit of help sometimes…
We deliver our service by promoting family-parent-child based-centred and strength-based trauma informed approaches, offering invaluable support and guidance allowing the family unit to develop, thrive and stay together.
We help families by providing two key areas of support:
Our home visiting support service provides families with a volunteer who has parenting experience and additional training. The volunteer visits the family each week for up to three hours at a time to provide practical and emotional holistic support that is tailored to meet the needs of each individual family.
What we provide
- We run and support group work across Central Lancashire for pre-school children and their parents/carers, the groups are run for 2 hours once a week during term time.
- We provide the family groups for parents/carers to support you in your most important role as your child’s first educator.
- We structure the family groups so that children and parents/carers can play and learn together in a supportive welcoming environment.
- To know more about our service, how we help families and our volunteers please explore our What We Do section.