Carers’ allowance

DWP (Department of Work & Pensions)



You could receive the Carers’ Allowance if you are aged over 16 and spend more than 35 hours a week caring for someone who gets any of the following benefits:

  • Attendance Allowance
  • Disability Living Allowance (middle or higher rate care)
  • Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit Constant Attendance Allowance
  • War Pensions Constant Attendance Allowance

However, if you are in full time education or earn over a certain amount, you won’t be able to get this allowance.


Available to Age Groups
  • No Restriction
What we can help with
  • Information on government/council support schemes
Available to these Groups
  • All Groups

Additional Information

You could get Carer’s Allowance if:

  • your income is £132 or less a week (after tax and certain expenses)
  • you study less than 21 hours a week

Similar Schemes