The Acorn Fund makes grants to individuals or to organisations for the advancement of health or saving of lives and the prevention or relief of poverty. Applications on behalf of INDIVIDUALS seeking grant assistance:
- Applications will only be considered if they are submitted by a recognised agency, voluntary organisation or charity working on behalf of the applicant
- Applications will only be considered as “a last resort” when all other benefit applications have been exhausted.
- Agencies will be required to represent their clients at the Trustees’ meeting to answer questions or give further information. (Failure to attend may result in the application being refused or delayed).
- All applications for requests for the supply of goods must accompanied by a minimum of two quotes for any items to be purchased including delivery & fitting and connection charges for white goods. Agencies should pay due regard to the need for economy and use suppliers including second hand shops, community furniture etc. suppliers as well as mainstream shops
- Available In
- Available to Age Groups
- No Restriction
- What we can help with
- Information on government/council support schemes
- Help to get household items and clothing
- Available to these Groups
- Chronically Sick
- Vulnerable Adults
Applications are made by case workers or support workers on behalf of individuals both male & female who qualify .
An application form for individuals and families can be downloaded online
- Which exist for the relief or support of elderly persons living in their homes within the Borough of Burnley OR
- Which exist to provide services or facilities for all elderly persons within the Borough of Burnley.
- Making grants of money for providing or paying for items, services or facilities for the relief of the sick/poor living in the borough of Burnley either generally or individually through the provision of grants, goods or services.
- To relieve elderly people residing in their own homes within the borough of Burnley who are in need, by providing specially designed or adapted housing and items, services or facilities calculated to relieve the needs of such persons.