The Rent Deposit/Bond Scheme is designed to assist people who are threatened with homelessness within the terms of the homelessness legislation, eligible for assistance and in priority need.
The scheme is designed to help applicants who are financially unable to secure accommodation in the private sector. The Council can provide a bond guarantee for the duration of the tenancy. In exceptional circumstances a cash deposit can be paid to the Landlord
- Available In
- Available to Age Groups
- No Restriction
- What we can help with
- Help with accommodation or my tenancy
- Information on government/council support schemes
Applicants must have a local connection to Hyndburn.To have a local connection you will have:
- Lived in Hyndburn for at least 6 months out of the last 12 months, or 3 years out of the last 5 years
- Family (Mother, Father, Brother, Sister or adult Son or Daughter) who live in Hyndburn and have lived here for the last 5 years
- Permanent employment in Hyndburn, or the offer of a permanent job.