We provide free unbiased financial guidance to individuals living, employed, or studying in Bolton.
Our help encompasses a variety of concerns, including addressing high energy bills, offering budgeting advice, and aiding in debt management.
- Available In
- Available to Age Groups
- No Restriction
- What we can help with
- Advice on how to save energy & water
- Help and advice about money and debt issues
- Information on government/council support schemes
- Available to these Groups
- All Groups
Our Money Advice team is available to provide guidance on the following areas:
- Rent or Mortgage
- Council Tax
- Energy Bills
- Credit Card Bills
We can assist by negotiating manageable repayment plans on your behalf.
Furthermore, we offer support and guidance with court forms, debt relief orders, and bankruptcy proceedings.
Our Money Skills team offers advice in the following issues:
- Financial Planning
- Energy Cost Reductions
- Tips for Energy Efficiency
- Switching to More Affordable Tariffs or Suppliers
Typically, a money advice appointment spans from 45 to 90 minutes. To make the most of the session, kindly bring along the following documents:
- Income Details, including wages and salaries
- Benefit Award Letters, outlining your benefit calculations
- Council Tax Bills
- Household Utility Bills (Gas, Electric, Water, etc.)
- All Pertinent Court Documents
- Statements, Correspondence, and Agreements related to outstanding debts (e.g., credit cards, hire purchase agreements, store cards)