At the heart of each Home-Start’s work is home visiting volunteer support.
Families struggling with post-natal depression, isolation, physical health problems, bereavement and many other issues receive the support of a volunteer who will spend around two hours a week in a family’s home supporting them in the ways they need.
- Available In
- Available to Age Groups
- No Restriction
- What we can help with
- Help and advice about money and debt issues
- Someone to talk to
- Available to these Groups
- All Groups
Home-Start works with families in communities right across the UK. Starting in the home, our approach is as individual as the people we’re helping. No judgement, it is just compassionate, confidential help and expert support.
Home-Start Blackpool Fylde and Wyre also support families in groups, hold Christmas parties and helps access local services, as well as lots of other support.
Home-Start is committed to providing real evidence of the difference our volunteers’ support makes for families, which is why we measure the issues faced by families, and the changes to their situation while they are working with a volunteer.
- We offer families a choice.
- We work in partnership – with each other, with families and with other agencies.
- We work in a spirit of openness, encouragement and enjoyment.
- We are flexible and responsive to the needs of families.