The Freedom Project is a training opportunity where you can learn new skills, find work and overcome barriers. A safe space for all, we focus on employability, gaining skills, suitable accommodation and addressing money worries.
- Available In
- Available to Age Groups
- No Restriction
- What we can help with
- Help & training to improve my work opportunities
- Available to these Groups
- Vulnerable Adults
We offer training, qualifications and work experience in the following areas:
- Facility Management – Cleaning and building maintenance training, COSHH training and recycling
- Kitchen – Trainee chef training, creating menus, food preparation, knife skills, food hygiene and allergy control
- Retail – Sales and customer service training, till management and logistics, Food Club and stock control
- Warehouse – Warehouse work and logistic training, driver’s mate, deliveries and collection
What else is available?
We support people to gain vocational and functional qualifications and skills. Every Freedom participant will have a coordinator and can also access:
- Courses – Customer Service, Computer Skills, ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages)
- Drop in creative activities – Art, Music, and Textiles groups
- Job Clubs – Support with writing CVs and interview practices
- Work placements – We have connections with local businesses that can offer work placements.
Freedom volunteers have the opportunity to learn new skills and gain work experience – as well as having access to additional support with emergency provisions and travel expenses.
More importantly, the Freedom Project has helped participants to address social isolation, create a routine and build confidence that helps to take the next step towards what it is important to them.